2) I mentioned in yesterday's post that I had mall food court pizza on Friday. I need to discuss this pizza because it was pretty amazing. Here's the deal: I didn't want pizza. I'd already had Aurelio's and Uno's. I was kind of pizza'd out. It's what the kids wanted, though, so I went with it. I ordered THE BEST SLICE OF MALL PIZZA I'VE EVER HAD. It was chicken, bacon, and caramelized onions and the sauce was Alfredo rather than Marinara. SO GOOD.
3) While in Chicago, we stayed at the downtown Hyatt Regency. We stayed there because, well, we had to. It's where Mark's seminar was held. Honestly, it was a pretty awesome downtown hotel. With one exception: we had kids with us. It was not really a kid-friendly hotel. Meaning . . . no pool, luxury hotel so there was no continental breakfast, there was a mini-bar that was SOOOOOO tempting to the children. You get the idea. Overall, though, we enjoyed the hotel. And especially the Big Bar on the second floor that provided amazing views of the city!
4) Tuesday was my . . . anniversary? I mean, it was the anniversary of the day I got married but I'm no longer married to that dude. So what do I even call that day? I have no idea. Anyway, earlier in the day I realized the date and thought, "oh man, I wish I could go back in time and tell that girl to RUN."
Later in the day, though, my K2 was home from school as she wasn't feeling well. I walked into my bathroom to catch her with my lip gloss. And I realized . . . I'm glad that girl didn't run. Because, if so, I wouldn't have this girl and these moments.
5) I recently cancelled my Birchbox subscription. Anyone else think it's kinda gone downhill? I think I'm going to give Sephora Play a try. I'm not a huge makeup person but I like the samples so I can try new things. And, not gonna lie, I originally went with Birchbox so I could build an army of moisturizers without breaking the bank. Anyway. I received this eye shadow sampler in my latest box and I LOVE it! I can't do a smoky eye but I love the colors and how well they stay on.
6) Mark and I went on the coolest "school night" date Tuesday night. Russell's son is a music major at U of M and the music department performs at Newby's every third Tuesday night. We decided to check it out to cheer Curtis on and it ended up being too.much.fun. These kids were SO FREAKING TALENTED. Oh my goodness, so talented. We saw one group that was a "big band" sound -- guitars and drums but also trombones, trumpets, a sax, and a flute. I can't get over how great they were.
7) SWEET SIXTEEN this weekend! IN MEMPHIS! Unfortunately the tickets are priced at "go to the game" or "buy your daughter a birthday present" so we will not be able to make it to either of the games. However, if we can secure a sitter, we will be making our way to Beale to mess with some Kentucky fans. Welcome back to Memphis, John Calipari!
8) Speaking of the NCAA tournament, my bracket is pretty much completely busted. Thanks a lot Vilanova and Duke. I also picked Middle Tennessee to make it to the Sweet 16 and Wichita State to knock off Kentucky. So, yeah, bus.ted.brack.et. Arkansas almost busted it further but if my Razorbacks are good at anything it's snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
9) I feel like this has been the longest week everrrrrrrr. My last final of the year is May 3rd and, not gonna lie, that's my "eyes on the prize" at the moment. Let's just get to May 3!
10) Ummmm . . .