Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Lately.

Things have been fun around here lately but, I'm going to be completely honest, I've had a heavy heart.  There have been so many events that remind me that life really is precious.  I have people in my life that I love so much and I'm not promised tomorrow with any of them.  There are no guarantees in life and it often takes tragedy to make us really realize that.  I'm trying to do my best to soak up time with my people, to really enjoy them.  I have a bonus week with J and the K's -- they were supposed to be with their dad until the 15th but I got them back with me on the 9th -- and I'm so happy to have a little more time with them.  This summer is going by way too fast!
 
Okay, so on with what's been going on lately.
 
Thursday was our last kid-free night.  Mark had a visiting coworker from Iowa so we met him for dinner at Jerry Lawler's.  Since we were already on Beale, we headed over to a little dive to play trivia for a bit before heading home.  Our week alone was absolutely amazing but we were ready to have the kids back and our house to be at it's normal level of chaos!  Also.  I ran the dishwasher ONCE last week.  And, like, four times over the weekend.  Ahhhhh.
 
Friday night we only had the Boy Child - something else that very rarely happens - and we took him to Anthony's house with us.  The storms on the Fourth cancelled many of the local fireworks displays so the Snowden Grove one was held Friday night.  We were able to watch the fireworks from Anthony's backyard.  Awesome!
 

Saturday was a pretty full day!  Mark has a former coworker that now lives in Atlanta.  He and his wife make it back to Memphis once every summer.  On this visit, they decided to swing by the house and hang out for a bit.  We sat on the back deck, the Boy swam, and Mark and Joe were able to catch up on everything that's gone on in life over the past year.  It was a nice visit.
 
Then . . . around 8:00 Saturday night, the Chicago cousins pulled in the driveway!  The Girl Child stayed with them for about ten days and rather than meeting to get her back, they decided to bring her all the way home.  This meant that got to see and visit with everybody.  We were so glad they made the trip!


I picked up J and the K's Sunday morning so we really had the whole gang then.  It was mostly a pool day and they had so much fun.  It's weird for me -- I grew up with my cousins, literally seeing them every single day.  These kids don't have that.  But they always pick up right where they left off.
 



It was a short and sweet visit.  They left Monday morning - but not without one more quick dip in the pool!
 

I enjoy and just treasure Mark's family so much.  They have accepted me and my kiddos since day one.  And they are just FUN people to be around.  We were up until 1:00 Sunday morning talking and catching up -- it's so nice when you can do that with family.

And that's what we've been up to lately.  The kids now have less than a month until they go back to school and we're torn between MUST DO ALL THE FUN THINGS and but sometimes I just want to stay home and be lazy!  So who knows what the rest of the week will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment